Yesterday I interviewed at a perfectly fine job. Great pay, great hours (4-10 work week), and seemingly a great company...but I find myself not that excited about it. I am sure there is a little of the "mean reds" (watch Breakfast at Tiffany's) effecting my mood. But I find myself wondering, do you go to work for a company, that is not going to have much room for career growth, and that the hours during the harvest season are going to be 7-15 (yep 15 hour days 7 days a week) just because it is a great job and a great pay check. I feel as though I am at the age where I need to include my lifestyle into my job decision...All work, No play makes for a grouchie KristiR. And really, isn't going to help me find Mr. Right or Mr. RightNow. So I find myself, still searching...
I used to tell a good friend/boyfriend (Mr. Travel the World in Search of Himself) of mine, "Its not about the destination, its about the ride." It's amazing how sometimes the advice you give is the hardest to do yourself. I will say in my defense, the ride, right now, is a little rocky, and I don't have a 4x4 BMW (even though sometimes I feel like I do)!
I love it! Know that most of us feel the same you do. It is about the journy and the occasional comprimise. But most importantly it's about your own happiness. Miss you up here sister. Come back!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Monica!! I miss you a ton!!!
ReplyDelete